Brian Robert Hayes is a Senior Counsel. He established the SA Chapter of the Australian India Business council in 2004 and was its first President and then the National Chairman of the AIBC. Brian has an LLB (Hons) from London University
He a member and on the board of various prestigious institutions:
- Hon Life Fellow – Planning Institute of Australia
- Adjunct Professor – University of South Australia
- Board Member – Independent Gaming Corporation
- Board Member – SA Tourism Commission
- Chairman – South Australian-Indian Advisory Council
- Strategic Advisor on India – Government of South Australia
- Board Member – University of South Australia Law School Advisory Board
- Board Member – Advocacy and Justice Unit of the University of Adelaide
- Chairman Expert Panel on Planning Reform South Australia
Brian actively supports and volunteers at not for profit institutions as a Co-founder of the Charity – Carry for Kids and a Supporter of Protsahan Foundation – Delhi
He has led six business delegations to India with the Premier of SA and two Federal Government trade delegations and has been involved over the last twelve years in building bilateral trade between Australia and India. As National Chairman, he has chaired two Joint Business Council Meetings in Australia and India. In 2008 he was appointed the Premier of South Australia’s Special Envoy to India to develop bilateral trade and business between South Australia and India and to assist South Australian companies to export and import.
As highlighted by the Australian-Indian Institute, for Australia to secure its place in the region, there is a need for a deeper understanding of and sensitivity to the economics and culture of its neighbours. India will play a vital role in the future of the region. The AIBC is uniquely placed to promote and enhance bilateral links between the two countries.