Dear AIBC Members,
This is to update you about the National Secretariat contract position which was advertised vacant recently.
I would like to outline the process that the AIBC board undertook to identify the successful candidate.
- Expressions of interest were sought on the AIBC website, as well as over an email sent to all AIBC members indicating that it is a contract position.
- The AIBC board received 5 applications which were shared with board members.
- The Board members & State Presidents were advised to provide a score for each candidate based on shortlisted criteria essential for the role.
- Based on the scores received from the Board members, the top 3 candidates were invited for an interview by the National Executive team, and the State Presidents were also invited to join in the interview if they were available.
- Based on the interview feedback, two candidates were shortlisted and reference checks conducted on both.
- Based on the feedback from referees, one candidate emerged as more suitable and has been offered the role – which has been accepted.
Please join me in welcoming Wendy Farrell our new AIBC National Secretariat.
Wendy has demonstrated a good understanding and extensive experience of the role requirements, and we wish her the very best.
There will be a period of transition, so please do bear with us if there is any delay in responding back to members from the National Secretariat.
The contact details of the National Secretariat remain the same - as follows – E: email@example.com Ph: 1300 176 684
On the same note, may I take this opportunity – on behalf of the AIBC board of directors – to thank Ms Julie Hallifax for her dedication, contribution and hard work during her tenure with AIBC.
Julie’s contribution is invaluable, and we wish her the very best.
National Chair, AIBC