An MBA in Marketing & Finance, Sheba Nandkeolyar has been a longstanding AIBC member, for 15+ years. As former State President of AIBC NSW and now as AIBC National Chair, Sheba actively contributes to facilitating bilateral trade and business links between Australia and India through her various Industry and Board positions including, Board member of the Australia India Council, among others.
Sheba has been on the forefront in organizing Trade Missions to and from India and other Asian countries. She has actively contributed to FTA / CECA inputs and has been advising Prime Ministers, Premiers, Ministers and Government officials on trade & business matters pertaining to India. Sheba is passionate about developing the notion of 50:50 in business and believes that women should contribute more actively to the business world. As the Founder and Chair of Women in Business Chapter at AIBC, Sheba plays an active role in linking Women in Business across Australia & India, in addition to mentoring and promoting women in business initiatives.
Sheba co-founded one of Australia’s leading communication and marketing companies – MultiConnexions. As CEO of MultiConnexions, Sheba advises clients on marketing to new and multicultural audiences, who are also global citizens. As a leading cross border expert, Sheba also advises several Australian and International organisations in global partnering and international marketing.
Sheba is passionate about cultural diversity in the business world. She is a member of the Project Reference Group at Diversity Council of Australia – CAPITALISING ON CULTURE AMONGST BUSINESS LEADERS: AN ASX SURVEY, the study focuses on Cultural Diversity among top 200 ASX Business Leaders.
Sheba was awarded the ‘IAA Inspire Champion Award ‘ – an International Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Global Communications by the International Advertising Association in May 2015 in London; the only awardee from Australia.
Sheba has been regularly awarded with industry recognition and awards in Australia, India and internationally, some of which are listed below:
- GOPIO Business Woman of the Year 2013
- UIA Excellence in Business
- Role Model for South Asian Community, by Rabitah
- The Arch of Excellence for the `Best Entrepreneur’ category by Government of India, prior to migrating to Australia.
- The EFFIE GOLD (the most coveted award in the Advertising industry)
- International advertising awards including the recent IAA Inspire Champion Award, CLIO & DILO (USA), and Gold at CANNES.
Sheba is a Trustee & Board Member of The Follow Your Dreams Foundation (A Lions International initiative) and is involved in projects to uplift women and children in Australia, India and China. She also supports the Salvation Army and The Dine for a Cure charity.
Sheba loves mentoring young people and is a regular speaker at industry conferences, client offsite planning meetings, at universities and the Australian School of Business.
Sheba is married to Sanjeev, a Business and Marketing Professional himself and has a son, Sanchay Mohan, who is also turning into a budding young Marketing & Advertising professional.
Sheba Nandkeolyar – On Australia-India relationship:
- Sheba on India emerging as Asian powerhouse- SkyNews Australia, Nov 2014
- ABC Radio National Breakfast- Sheba Nandkeolyar on Indian Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi’s visit to Australia
- ABC Bill Birtles on stepped up links with India
- Asialink – Australia-India Comprehensive Economic Cooperation
- Sheba Nandkeolyar interviews Biocon Founder, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw on International Women’s Day, 2015