India is a $2 trillion economy and will grow to be the third largest economy in the world by 2030. Trade between Australia and India has more than doubled over the past decade and the rate of growth will continue to rise as the two economies grow closer. The Australia India Business Council Ltd (AIBC) was founded in 1986 and is the only national body representing bi-lateral trade and investment relations between Australia and India.
The AIBC is a national membership organisation with active chapters in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Canberra and maintains close relationships with federal and state government agencies, the diplomatic corps and industry bodies, and showcases opportunities to the Australian business community through an active program of events throughout Australia.
AIBC activities in Australia and India include:
- Policy and business planning initiatives with major stakeholders including the Indian government, Federal and State governments of Australia, major trade and investment bodies.
- Organising targeted Australian business delegations to India.
- Hosting Indian business delegations in Australia.
- The Annual Australia India Addresses with high profile speakers.
- Indian Budget & Economic Updates for members.
- Major business events with dignitaries from India and Australia.
- Business networking events for our members to build partnerships with India.
- Business information and educational events for our members.