Australia India Business Council Ltd Expressions of Interest
AIBC South Australia Management Committee
AIBC is pleased to invite expressions of interest in accordance with 11.2 (c) (ii) of the AIBC Constitution from Australian business leaders and senior executives of companies that have an established track record in business to business undertakings between South Australia and India to be appointed as a member of the South Australia Management Committee. Please note that the EOI is a separate process to the ongoing nomination process (notice of election was sent on the 23rd October, 2020 by the Independent Returning Officer) being held at the moment. The successful candidates will be eligible to vote for office bearers in the South Australia Chapter including President, Vice President and Treasurer.
The AIBC is a national membership organisation with active chapters in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Canberra and maintains close relationships with federal and state government agencies, the diplomatic corps and industry bodies, and showcases opportunities to the Australian business community through an active program of events throughout Australia.
The objective of the Company is the creation of long-term value for its members through the development and provision of activities and services to promote and enable the interaction in trade and investment between Australia and India.
Role of the State Chapter Committee Members
- Devote a reasonable period to time to AIBC State Chapter Committee activities, in addition to attending management meetings
- Be proactive, transparent and accountable in their actions and in promoting AIBC to potential sponsors and members
- Review major deliverables and provide guidance and support on various AIBC Programs and Initiatives as required
- Members are expected to be part of Industry chapter sub-committee or be active in other capacity that adds tangible value to the AIBC
- Attend a minimum of 3 consecutive meetings during the year (unless it is not possible due to extreme circumstances). Committee members who fail to meet this KPI will be asked to step down from the committee. Members are also mandated to attend a minimum of 8 management meetings through the year.
Definition of AIBC State Chapter Committee
A group of members elected pursuant to the Constitution of AIBC Limited responsible for providing approvals and key decisions affecting progress and delivery of AIBC programs and growth initiatives/projects in line with AIBC Limited delegations and the Constitution.
Number of Positions Available
Up to 5 voluntary roles to fulfil the AIBC South Australia Management Committee.
Roles and Responsibilities of the State Chapter Committee:
The State Chapter Committee should be:
- A forum for supervisory review and provider of strategic direction in the state which must be aligned with the national agenda
- Provider of key decisions for AIBC State Programs and Initiatives
- A function that facilitates management communication between National Executive and AIBC State Chapter Committee for a particular program/initiative.
How to apply
Please complete the Expression of Interest Form by clicking here, send a CV and cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for this Management Committee position (experience, connections, knowledge, commitment, past results achieved etc)
Candidates may not be a member of the AIBC at the time of application but must agree to submit an application for membership at the time of providing an expression of interest.
The AIBC is looking for high calibre candidates with skills and solid experience that will enhance and accelerate business to business trade and investment between South Australia and India.
Candidate skills and experience aligned to South Australia’s bilateral trade & Business industry vertical
priorities will be preferred.
The successful applicants will be chosen from a panel consisting of the National Chair, National Vice Chair and the AIBC Board.
Applications close on Friday, 13th November 2020 at 5:00 pm (ACDT). Please apply to email@example.com. If you require any clarification please contact the National Secretariat on the email above. No late EOI’s will be accepted.