DIPEN RUGHANI MAICD
Chief Executive Officer – Newland Global Group
Dipen Rughani, led the Australia India Business Council (AIBC) as its National Chairman from 2012 to 2016 and was also President of the NSW Chapter from 2010 to 2012.
Dipen is the founder and CEO of Australia’s leading corporate advisory firm Newland Global Group (NGG) focused towards SIMPLIFYING and STRENGTHENING trade and investment ties between Australia and India. Since its inception in 2010, NGG has advised over 150 businesses through Market Opportunity Assessments, Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Raising, Private Equity, Corporate Strategy and NGG Sports.
He has made significant contributions to bilateral relations by:
- Building long-term relations with the Government of Gujarat and AIBC, by establishing AIBC as a Partner and leading delegations to the ‘Vibrant Gujarat’ summits.
- Creating and managing the first national Australia-India business event ‘Engaging with India 2016’ in partnership with Australian Financial Review, which included the inaugural ‘Australia-India Trade and Investment Awards’.
- Providing input into government white papers and strategy papers on trade and investment, include the CECA, Australia in the Asian Century, the Australia Economic Strategy commissioned by the government of India in 2020, to name a few.
- Establishing the NGG initiatives ‘Australia India Conversations’ and ‘Australia India Webinar Series’ that stimulate and enhance deliberations on the new energy in Australia-India relations.
- Organising and managing the official business events for the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his visit to Australia in Nov 2014, which saw the presence of over 550 senior business leaders from across Australia and a roundtable with 40 of Australia’s top CEOs.
- Playing a key role in establishing the Australia-India Youth Dialogue and sat on its inaugural advisory board in 2011.
- Hosting Joint Business Council between AIBC and FICCI for two consecutive years, which was held in parallel to the Joint Ministerial Commission between the Trade Ministers of Australia and India.
- Attending various notable government and business forums to voice Australian-Indian diasporas role and its contribution to the Australian economy. Some of the forums being the ‘UK-India Week’, AsiaLink’s ‘Australia-Asia Leaders Forum’, Raisina Dialogue, India Global Week 2020 and industry forums such as FICCI, CII, Australia India Roundtable (Lowy Institute), Australia India Institute, Austrade, and various others.
Under Dipen’s able leadership and professional business experience of over 25 years, Newland Global Group managed, advised, and grew businesses both in the public and private sectors, between Australia and India. Dipen is also an accomplished commentator on Australia India bilateral trade and investment issues and is frequently featured and referenced in publications.
Some of Dipen’s Membership and Advisory board roles include:
- Independent Director Board of Wollongong Coal majority owned by Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL) from (2019 – current)
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- 20-20 Champion (Ambassador) for the Cricket T20 World Cup in Australia
- Advisory Board Member, Global Organising Committee for ‘India Global Week 2020’
- Advisory Panel member for the Australia India Institute (2014 – 2020)
- Member of the NSW Government’s Indian Ministerial Consultative Committee (2013 – 2014)
- Member of the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas national organising committee Australia, an event for Non-resident Indians held by the Government of India in Sydney (2013)
- Board member of NSW Government’s International Education & Research Taskforce (2012)
- Member of the organising committee established by the NSW Dept. Of Premier and Cabinet for the Queens Baton Relay, part of the Delhi Commonwealth Games (2010)
Prior to his involvement in the Australia-India trade space, Dipen was involved in the Australian property development industry for over 12 years. He continues to consult on a part time basis to property developers, consultants and service providers in all aspects of real estate development. He is the founder of an industry specific portal www.forsite.com.au, which is the number one property development website in Australia.
In his earlier career, Dipen held numerous highly successful senior executive roles in the software (Geac Computers), conferencing (Global Management Strategies), automotive (Hyundai) and logistics and supply chain (Mayne Nickless) industries.
Dipen is the President and Trustee of the Anoopam Mission Australia Ltd, a charity which supports differently-abled children, educating underprivileged women and providing medical assistance to over 130 villages in India.
You can contact NGG at firstname.lastname@example.org