- This event has passed.
Feb 23: CII Goa E-Learning Session on Mandatory Compliance for Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
CII Goa E-Learning Session on Mandatory Compliance for Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
1500 – 1700 Hrs : Tuesday, 23 February 2021 : Virtual Platform
Online Registration: http://www.cii.in/
CII Goa is organising an online E-Learning Session for Management Professionals, Organisation Team Leaders and CEO’s on Mandatory Compliance’s for Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace, on Tuesday, 23 February 2021, from 1500 – 1700 Hrs. over Virtual Platform.
While success stories of women are being written every day, sexual harassment, threat to personal security or at the very least a generic gender bias lurks large in workplaces. The Indian Government took a definitive step in this regard in 2013 by instating a law that seeks to end sexual harassment of women at workplace and stressing that Prevention of Sexual Harassment at workplace is an important duty of the employer. According to the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013’, it is mandatory that all employers- whether they are directors of a company, trustees of a trust, partners of a firm or a proprietor of a proprietary firm, to take concrete steps to prevent sexual harassment at workplace.
Why is it necessary to follow the mandatory requirements?
Instituting internal committees, organizing trainings and creating awareness among employees about Prevention of Sexual Harassment at workplace are some of the mandatory requirements of this law that are required to be followed by all companies, firms and organizations. A breach of employer’s mandatory legal duties can lead to a fine of Rs.50,000 and a repeated breach can also result in cancellation of licenses. Hence it has become an urgent matter to be aware of responsibilities and compliances under this law.
Who should Attend?
This training is intended for any person who is at a Management Level position / Employer/ an Executive/ a Board Member/ HR/ CEOs / CA / CS / CLOs / ICC Members and for all those who want to be aware about Sexual Harassment & its Prevention.
Key Take away for the participants
- Creating awareness about the Sexual Harassment at Workplace Act
- Demystifying the Provisions of the Act
- Understand the role, responsibility and duties of the employer
- Understand the Role, Responsibility, Powers as well as Rights of an IC
- Learn about the investigation process, guidelines and legal obligations
- Understand important and mandatory compliances that are required to be followed by all employers
- Encouraging gender neutrality in work place behavior
- Promoting gender sensitive work environment
About the Trainers
Ms Deepika Divekar-Panicker, is a corporate law consultant with 10 years of experience in commercial and compliance laws. Contract law, Anti-Harassment Laws and Gender sensitization are her primary areas of practice. She conducts legal and socio-legal workshops on a variety of subjects. She has completed her Bachelor’s degree in law from ILS Law College Pune and Masters degree in International Commercial Laws from University of Birmingham, United Kingdom. She is a proud army wife and an active member of Army Wives’ Welfare Association and is involved with initiatives relating to women’s and children’s rights.
Ms Divya Chavan-Jachak, is a practicing Advocate with 10 years experience at the High Court, Mumbai and District and Sessions Court, Pune. She handles matters involving Criminal law, Civil Law, Family Law, and issues relating to atrocities against Women and children. She is regularly invited to speak on the atrocities against women- especially POSH at Work at various forums- CII, MCCIA, Different Industries, Education Institutes. She has also conducted training programs on Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse for the Pune Police as well as personnel at Observation Homes. She was also selected from India to present her Digital Poster/ Abstract on ‘An Indian Perspective: Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace’ at the largest conference on Gender equality- ‘Women Deliver 2019’ held at Vancouver, Canada in June 2019. She is also a Trustee of the organization-Smile which works towards the empowerment of women and is also pursuing her PhD in law from Symbiosis International University.
Participation & Registration:
I am writing to request you kindly take advantage of this programme by participating and nominating your colleagues. Your office could confirm the participation by doing an online registration on the following link: http://www.cii.in/
- For CII Members : Rs 1,000/- + 18% GST per delegate
- For Non-Members : Rs 1,200/- + 18% GST per delegate
For Registrations your office may contact Mr Cecil Pinto, 9822982505, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prior Registration is a must. Seats are limited and purely on first-come first-served basis.
- Nomination will be registered and confirmed on receipt of the Online Registration along with delegate fees
- Fees are non-refundable however change in nomination is accepted
- Virtual link will be sent to all participants after the confirmation of the payments 24 Hours prior to commencement of the Session.
- Delegates to join through the Online Virtual link at 1445 Hrs, The Online Session will commence at 1500 Hrs. (Sharp). Kindly be on time for the Session.