India Connect 2021
October 1 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Deputy Premier, Minister for State Development, Jobs and Trade, in conjunction with Invest and Trade Western Australia, would like to invite you to attend India Connect.
Held in collaboration with the Consulate General of India in Perth, Australia India Business Council, Chamber of Commerce and Industry Western Australia and Perth USAsia Centre, India Connect is designed to deepen Western Australia-India relations, providing a platform for meaningful discussion on investment and trade opportunities and complementary capabilities between the two regions.
|Key event details|
Date: Friday 1 October 2021
11:30 – 12:00pm: Lunch session sign-in
India Connect is free to attend, however capacity is limited.
‘Sector Connect’ sessions
India Connect will facilitate meaningful discussion on the trade and investment ambitions of India and Western Australia, including how industry and government can work together to foster stronger economic ties between Western Australia and India.
The ‘Sector Connect’ sessions will deep dive into four areas of shared strategic economic importance, including:
· Batteries, Critical Minerals, Mining and Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) – How India and Western Australia can leverage their respective strengths in natural resources, technology and human capital to supply the world’s future clean energy needs.
· Primary Industries – Ensuring Western Australia-India cooperation in the food and beverage sector benefits from traditional and emerging channels to market.
· International Education and Tourism – Deepening our people-to-people links and increasing mutual awareness for a stronger future.
· Advanced Manufacturing and Technology – Supporting economic growth and quality jobs through technology and collaboration.
The sessions will feature a moderated panel of industry and government representatives from both Western Australia (in-person) and India (virtually).
Please select one of the four concurrent ‘Sector Connect’ sessions to participate in via the registration link below. In addition to attending a ‘Sector Connect’ session, delegates will be invited to stay for a 1-hour Networking function where they can engage with industry and government peers and discuss next steps to progress business opportunities.
‘Sector Connect’ session speakers will be announced shortly.
We encourage you to attend if you:
· Wish to gain a deeper understanding of the Western Australia-India economic relationship
· Wish to learn about investment and trade opportunities between the two regions
· Share a passion for enhancing India-Western Australia economic relations